Terms and Conditions
1. GUARANTEE We have made a consistent effort in correctly cataloging and describing the property to be sold. The descriptions are guaranteed for authenticity and condition. Since opinions can differ, particularly in the matter of condition, the auctioneer will be sole judge in the matter of refunds. No refunds will be given to items returned without a Refund Request Number. In order to receive a Refund Request Number contact the Maryland office at 609-560-8028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. DURATION OF GUARANTEE - All guarantees will become null and void 3 calendar days from the date of delivery. For items being picked up or held for consolidated shipping with future purchases, the guarantee expires 15 days from the time the auction closes, regardless of whether the item has been picked up or not.
4. All calls are sold “As Is” and their descriptions are not guaranteed.
5. RESERVES - There are no reserves on any of the items sold on decoysforsale.com, however the minimum bid on any of the items offered is equal to ½ of the low estimate.
6. BUYERS PREMIUM - A buyer’s premium of 15% of the hammer price will be added to every selling lot. For example, if you have a winning bid of $100, the total amount due would be $115 before any shipping or taxes. The 15% buyer's premium doesn't change regardless of how you pay.
7. BIDDING- Bidding starts at ½ the low estimate and progresses in predetermined increments. If there are any bids within the last 2 minute of an auction, the remaining time is extended 2 minute. These extensions will continue until all bids are in and all registered users have sufficient time to execute their bids.
8. SHIPPING – Certain oversized, delicate, or very heavy items could incur additional shipping fees not calculated at the time of checkout. All additional shipping charges on these items are the responsibility of the buyer and must be paid before items are shipped. Shipping estimates on each listing are subject to change based on final selling price (amount of insurance), distance of shipment from Maine or Maryland, and final packaged size and weight of box.
9. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING – The USPS International Shipping that is added at checkout is a base fee and shipping to most countries will involve additional shipping charges that are the responsibility of the buyer and must be paid before items are shipped.
10. STANDS - Decoy and shorebird stands photographed with the items are not included in the sale price. Clear acrylic stands for decoys or black metal stands for shorebirds can be purchased by calling the Decoysforsale.com office at 609-560-8028 or by emailing email@example.com.
11. TERMS – No submitted bids can be withdrawn for any reason. By bidding on an item you are entering into a legal contract to pay the full amount if successful. All items are to be paid for in U.S. funds within 72 hours of receiving invoice. If an item is not paid for within 72 hours of receiving your invoice, Guyette & Deeter, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the winning bid and any guarantee will be null and void, and there will be no return/ refund for any reason. Late payment may also result in your account being restricted in both Guyette & Deeter's online and live auctions.
12. PAYMENT FOR PURCHASES MAY BE MADE WITH VISA, MASTERCARD, AMEX, or DISCOVER. We also accept payment by CHECK or MONEY ORDER. If planning to pay by Check or Money Order please inform the office be emailing firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the listing. There are no discounts for paying by Check or Money Order.
13. TAX – All items being shipped within Maine and Maryland or being picked up at the Maine or Maryland office will be subject to a 5.5% (Maine) or 6% (Maryland) sales tax.
14. ACCEPTANCE OF CONDITIONS – Creating an account and/ or bidding on any item indicates your acceptance of all the terms and conditions.
15. WITHDRAWAL - We reserve the right to withdraw any property before the end of any listing and shall have no liability whatsoever for such withdrawal.
16. LEGAL DISPUTE Any legal disputes arising from these auctions shall be settled in the court system of the State of Maine. UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE - The Maine Uniform Commercial Code, Title II, Section 2328 applies to these auctions.